Thursday, July 07, 2005

blast from the past

I'm suffering a headache right now, so I'm totally procrastinating on work. I came upon the "The First Time" thread on the forum, and it got me thinking.

The first time I took note of Hala was... holy crap, a long time ago. It was still BizNews, Paris St. German was on top of the French first division league... that would be, what, six, seven years ago?

Anyway. Last night I was so bored I went through my video collection to watch the French Open final between Steffi Graf and Martina Hingis. (Because it's the damn best final ever, if only for the emotional breakdown of the Swiss Miss.) Anyway, a part of that tape has Saxon Baines.

I can't find a good enough picture that justifies Saxon Baines, so you'll have to take my word for it.

This was at a time that I followed Formula One, the NHL, tennis, and Man United. So for someone pretty to be hosting World Sport, Saxon Baines owned what to me then could be my dream job (she interviewed Goran and Steffi and Boris in the same week!!! damn her!!!). This was, of course, the era of Pedro Pinto, Graeme Joffe and some other people who are by no means worthy to be described as "pretty".

Why am I discussing this on this blog?
Because when Saxon left/disappeared, I had latched on to the next pretty too-smart-for-her-own-good and too-witty-to-be-grave blonde (cosmetic as that hair may be), which, of course, was Hala.


the end.
*bow*

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I never liked Saxon Baines, sorry. It was probably envy though.

Migraine Girl said...

Oh, Vic. It's okay. I'm over my Saxon Baines fanaticism. There is, after all, a reason why this is the Looking for Hala Gorani and not Missing Saxon Baines blog. :)

Anonymous said...

LOL, oh okay. =) And the latter would have been tough to update too, far tougher than the Delia Gallagher blog even. ;) (Or my dislike/indifference toward Saxon also could have just been my obvious penchant for alpha males....)