Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Bad, CNN. Bad.

Well, CNN, lovely new promo. Too bad the whole point went moot when you blurred out everything on Hala's passport.

Oh, Hala. It's not like everyone who paid attention to the ad weren't already rabid fans who just wanted to know your birthday. We all know where you're born, and the citizenship you hold. Okay, we didn't know some things that the promo revealed, but, well, you didn't know you had such rabid, rabid fans.

Pity Alessio Vinci if he were to be given a similar promo.


What else did I want to talk about... oh, yes. The, as Vic put it, "forum exodus". Can you blame the founders of the lovely cnnfan.org? I'm sure they would never create the following threads:

Seriously.

Markus, I'm sure you're a nice guy, and you are owed much for even creating cnnfan.com. But complaining that your site's "too popular"?
Funniest thing, as I was browsing, the same user currently online showed up on both the .org and .com forums.
If only for going back and streamlining the A&R forums (mixing the shallow and the not-so-shallow aspects of our dearests), much kudos to the .org founders.
But simply out of gratitude for starting the thing, I'm keeping the .com on the links.

ho hum.

August 7. (Or the weekend of August 7, because some people get it before we in Asia do.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tiff ever since I first looked at your blog I thought you were a resident of New York City. God knows why, anyway I now see your in the east. And why not?