Thursday, June 09, 2005

Mad Lunatic Fan

I hate the internet connection at home, so I will gloat about Hala's presence ex post facto.

So pretty. With her hair up like that, the jacket making her seem even more vibrant than usual...

Mr. Anonymous , I think I've figured out why Hala has more female fans than male: Based on my research (read as: bugging all my male friends), it seems that CNN is, quote, "the last place guys will turn to" for a pretty face. Mindless jackanapes. Leaving people like Hala, Andrea, Zain and even Liz for more intellectual individuals like yourself.

And me. And us. And everybody else who belongs to the forum.

Likewise, while some of my friends drool over people like Orlando Bloom and, oh I don't know... (damn. I really don't know who else is being drooled over)
Anyway. We get Anderson Cooper and (for others) Michael Holmes. Questy (whatever floats your boat) and even Shihab (...). For Vic (and some others), it's that nice Italian man (who can't surf). And --Icantbelieveiforgotabouthim-- Max Foster.

Point is, they can have their mainstream idols. We have CNN.


If this post sounds a tad defensive, it's because the guy I just quoted just had to add, "I mean, how desperate do you have to be to watch CNN like a mad lunatic fan? And you rushed home for, what, an anchor?" He was answered with a vicious glare (by phone, but he knows. He can hear me glaring). Obviously he was not aware of this blog. He is now.

No comments: