Thursday, November 24, 2005

Eye on Hala, 3

Yes, I will use that title throughout the week.

Last night...

Oh. I don't know what was different last night, but Hala's eyes were incredible. So blue. So pretty.
And the shot where she's sitting down, before Nic's report? It's a good example of why I love Hala so: she makes you feel like whatever it is she's saying, you will understand perfectly, and you don't need to be so updated on current affairs. There's an ease about her, that makes me feel like watching CNN, a news channel, is not a strenuous exercise.
Oh, and did I mention how she's pretty? I know I once mentioned that I love her in light-colored clothes, but Hala in basic black? So pretty.

*shaking head at the fangirl sentiment*

This is where it gets impressive, though: it's Thursday here, and we've had three hours of Eye on the MidEast. And Hala's interviewed some really serious officials already. My favorite was yesterday's interview with... I forgot, I think it was Karen Silverberg (Assistant Secretary of State for something -- readers, if you can help me out here, I'd really appreciate it), and Hala once again showed her potential for the big news: when asked about the US's image in the middle east, Ms. Assistant Secretary of State (I was going to use an acronym, but realized it was inappropriate. heh.) tried to paint a sunny picture of it, that it's developing, growing, etcetera, all points beautifully undercut by Hala with tact and fact. And when discussing Karen Hughes, who for all her credentials, is a diplomacy and public affairs ambassador who is working on Middle East-related affairs but doesn't speak Arabic, I had one thing in mind: Hala, they could just hire you. Miss American-by-birth, French-by-culture and Arab-by-family. You've got three major cultures right there, Miss Gorani.

Damn. Where was I?

Anyway, that look of death Hala mastered on BizNews came into play, because while Ms. Assistant Sec of State rambled on, Hala had that expression that showed just how much she was not enjoying the interview, not really getting any substantial answers, and would want to further press the issue but knew better than to do just that, she professionally carried on.

Vic, you must be so happy: two of your three holy trinity reporters did segments. Except for 2.0, that is.


Oh, and Hala and her dolls: (thanks to Timon for the pic)
Sell it, Hala! Sell it!
Hey, no ticker. No CNN logo. No logo at all.


Dude, you're nuts:
Guido 19 Oct 2004, 06:48
Hala Gorani appeared this A.M. on CNN-FN wearing her dramatic ZYL frame, myopia correcting spectacles. She always looks so sweet and cuddly with her eyes framed.
I forgot where it's posted, but it's an eyewear fan forum.



Huh. While looking up Hughes and Silverberg, I learn that my country has no ambassador or director listed at the US State Department's website. Considering America's like our country's puppetmaster, I find that very strange.

Lest I forget: Inside the Middle East will air this weekend as part of this week's special programming. I love CNN.

And: it's horribly screwed up audio, but I've uploaded two mp3 files: one of Liz George bemoaning the David Beckham transfer of two years ago, and Richard and Hala discussing what make men and women happy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

During the preview, that's the very same thing I noticed too—my, what pretty blue eyes Hala has. :^) Unfortch, I can't comment about the rest of the hour, since I went straight on to sleep and have yet to check the DVR.

Last time I heard we had an ambassador to the US was when I took that FSE review class last year...errr, he was named "dela Cruz" or "delos Reyes" or anything with a de. Okay, great, now you've reminded me I'm *required* to be aware of these things.

Enjoy the rest of the week. :^)

Anonymous said...

Hala really hates it when interviewees trot out rehearsed lines, or so it seems to me.