Monday, August 15, 2005

Sigh.

Sigh. Colleen McEdwards doing Hala's weekend shift again. I wonder what this woman does in her free time. Why does she appear at random time slots? Doesn't she have a life?

Whoops. I digress. Where was I?

Last Friday a friend of mine and I were discussing the The Gaza Strip pullout, Ariel Sharon, Yasser Arafat and the whole Middle East political landscape over dessert. The place we were eating at was showing CNN (don't ask me why), and then Hala shows up with her report on souvenirs. Having been aware of this report from the forum(s), I ignore my friend while I watch the report. And then my friend pointed out that if she's in Gaza, it's a major story to cover. A rough transcript of our "debate" follows:
Friend: Hey, that's a big story. That could be her 25 years "story".
Me: Guy Raz is there. John Vause is there. Paula Hancocks is there. And did you see that? Hala was talking about souvenirs.
Friend: Geez. Calm down. (the futile attempt at being comforting is) Maybe she's too pretty to be covering something so heavy.
Me: (evil glare)
Friend: What?

Well, at least Guy Raz is pretty.
Paula Hancocks has finally emerged from the confines of the LSE.

On the BA conundrum: I take it back, Robyn Curnow - you're no longer a Liz George replacement in my book. Love the glasses. *grin*

Hala reporting from the field. How do you fans of non-anchors stand it?
Sigh.



(edit: yup, I changed "West Bank" to "Gaza strip" because Spitfire pointed it out and I figured some people might be using this blog for their current events.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How do you fans of non-anchors stand it?
We can't. It's sheer torture. Sooner or later you get used to the torture and kind of enjoy it. Like masochism.

Anonymous said...

The Gaza Strip pull-out Tiff, you say West Bank. Sorry for being pedantic.

c. said...

How do you fans of non-anchors stand it?
I said nearly the same in the forum... rofl

Anyway the second report which aired the last two days was better ;D