Friday, August 26, 2005

for-rumble

I'm just losing my mind, so if you don't agree, comment away. I also have been having my Hala viewing interrupted by live coverage of interviews, so...


From the dotcom:
cnnfreak wrote:
Was she demoted from top anchor position at CNN's flagship morning news show in London to be an weekend anchor in Atalnta? It looks to me.
To which Liz answered with a post from an old interview. Now, Hala nut that I am, remember that interview fondly, and recall it to have been from her days when she was still in London. The "breather" she was referring to, I believe, was doing more BI than BizNews. I could be wrong (and I often tend to be). I therefore conclude that the move to Atlanta was like a gift from God (or some other higher power, let's not get political here) for her.


Another thread on the dotcom:
The younger daughters, Fionnula, Becky, and the cousins from the ITN family are all well-educated, but apparently at single-sex universities, since their on-screen flirting and sense of humour appear to have developed in a parallel universe.
---------
Fionnula is from RTE so that would explain the lack of personality.
heehee.


On the dotorg:

A guest posted:
I find the Michael Hala team working well now, what do you think?
it's not like with Quest, that's for sure, but they are begining to have a chemistry.
Hala can work with Shihab, for crying out loud. And Michael manages with Colleen McEdwards. But the Hala/Michael interaction can be likened to a sibling relationship, not like the verbal sparring that Hala and Questy got into.

My two cents.


Hala: Some excitement there. Are you going to go see it?
Michael: (scoff) Me? (scoff) No. (inviting absurdity) You?
Hala: (adamant) No!
(hala and michael, ywt, date long forgotten, regarding the Star Wars episode 3 hype)

2 comments:

c. said...

That interview I quoted was indeed done when she was still in London but it was already decided that she will moved to Atlanta and it was mentioned there too ;D

Anonymous said...

I never thought for a moment that Hala's move to Atlanta was a "demotion" Not many people would switch continents in the name of a "demotion"

PS I do however wish Hala was still in London.