Tuesday, April 25, 2006

some other blonde on CNN

I'd discuss Hala's earrings, and how I thoroughly enjoy starting my day with Hala on Headlines, but there's something even more important to talk about.

What the hell did Robyn Curnow do to her hair?
Yes, I know, the answer is she grew it out, but...

My officemates now know I'm such a CNN geek, but I don't care.

Yesterday, stuck in a hotel room with officemates (long story), to de-stress I tuned in to CNN. Early on it was Hugh Rimington, so yay, but I was busy so I had to turn the TV off and actually work. The next time I turned the TV on it was World Sport, which I've seen, so again, off.
At noon I had to have my CNN. And I did.

Adrian Fineghan or whatever his name is sucks vacuum cleaners, and can bore the life out of Jim Clancy, and not even Robyn's I-want-to-be-an-anchor vibe can make him lifelike.

But: Robyn.
What did you do to your hair?

I even shrieked it out (okay, not shriek, it was more of a gasp). What the hell did she do to her hair?
I liked the sleek look. Kind of Liz George-ish, but it was nice.
I'm not saying it doesn't look good, I'm just saying it's... new.

Officemate D asked why I was reacting like so, and I was at a loss for words.

Nic Robertson's in London, which I also noted, and at that D was looking like me like I'd gone insane.


On Your World Today's first hour, Shihab and Ralitsa? Okay, I have much respect for Ralitsa, despite Vic's (very true) remark that the hair's been the same since... ever. But the two of them? Together?

And how many times does one have to see that Inside the Middle East promo in a day? I love Hala, I do, but... three times in an hour? Really?

1 comment:

c. said...

Robyn's hair at the moment yeah it's horrible! HORRIBLE!

About Shihab and Ralitsa together on air that was so painful and having had Fritz doing the weather didn't help much either.

Just my two cents ;)