Friday, April 07, 2006

i know it's not "your" show, but...

For a show I consider to be Hala's, I was shocked (shocked!) to see she didn't have a story of her own.

There was a Casablanca reference in there.

Inside the Middle East. How lovely to see it on a weekday.
A weekday in which I was going to sleep through it because I had to wake up unbelievably early the next day.
But I didn't, because it's Hala. And seeing it on the same day after I read that travel article (Postcard from Cairo), made it so much better.
On the evening in question, my producer Schams Elwazer surprised me with a chocolate cake. My colleagues and a couple of waiters then sang "Happy Birthday" with varying degrees of enthusiasm.
Hee. Cake. (huh?)

Back to ITME.

Schams, why did you look so... what's the word I'm looking for... made up?

I wish we'd had more of Yehya Khalil, though. Seemed more interesting than that last feature, although, okay, I get why it's in there.

The May Chidiac story was great, if only for its powerful undercurrent. My mom pointed out that there are very few people in the world with the last name of Chidiac.
I don't know what to do with that information, but, okay.


And, yay, woke up to Hala on Headline News. Wearing a familiar jacket (although not the that jacket again? one).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes Tiffany Hala seems to be doing less and less on ITME. Is Hala about to step away from it in order to devote herself full time to YWT, especially as with Zain's departure Hala is the undisputed Queen of Atlanta.