Tuesday, September 20, 2005

I love you, CNN International

Unlike the more technologically-gifted Vic, I actually have to stay up in the wee hours of morning to watch Your World Today.

And I have never been more thankful: no screencaps (because I don't have the tech for it), but near the end of YWT, crossing over to London for WBT and WNE (if you don't know what they stand for, you're not obsessed enough)... screencap heaven: Michael and Hala in Atlanta, sharing screen time with Robyn and Richard. I have never wanted a DVR more in my life. (Okay, except for that time Stephen Colbert wore that sailor uniform. sigh...)

CNNI. I don't know who to thank for that little image, but I will think of it and have it keep me warm and fuzzy inside.

Nothing much of note for Hala (which I haven't said countless times before, like how lovely she is wearing dark hues, etc.), except for her little
"My old buddy Richard."
After Michael noted who were in London.
Come on, Hala, we all know you miss Questy.
And Richard, you know you miss that Arab-American blonde.

But: Robyn Curnow. Earning her CNN keep and reinforcing that tiny voice in my head that insists she's a Liz George replacement. I mean, come on. MainSail? CNN, could you be more obvious? Don't get me wrong, I like Robyn, but really now.

Another note: Zain's makeup when she's in London. That's scary makeup, Zain. You're beautiful, you are, but what goes wrong when you're in London?


"My old buddy Richard." hee. *warm and fuzzy*


Finally: The Quest episode. I loved Gordon Ramsay's verbal abuse of Richard. And how Richard just took it.

By the way: Why is Inside Africa a weekly feature while Inside the Middle East isn't? I mean, Hala's prettier than Femi (and formerly Tumi). I know that's not the basis of programming, but think about it: Global Office, Quest, Business Traveller, and even MainSail has repeats during the week. Why not ITME?
@Liz: After reading your LJ, thought I had to address your fury- we in Asia weren't going to get ITME anyway, so I don't have the same hell-hath-no-fury feeling you do.


nothing quite like having Hala and Richard sharing screen time to spur me into a rant.



warm and fuzzy. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Guuu-uuh! Too bad I missed that. I gave my DVR a rest because I used it up the whole day yesterday. =(

Anonymous said...

PS: Technologically gifted, yes, but also desperately financially barren.

c. said...

okay I have that picture with the four of them. I'm gonna go upstairs now to my computer and search it for you ;D

Btw: Typical, I missed the greates line of the evening because my mom was on the phone in the same room *evil glare*

c. said...

Done! Check CNN Fan Centre ;)

oh and ITME yeah I know that's why it had the warning about immature and chlidish and so one ...