Wednesday, May 16, 2007

dear zain

Dear Zain Verjee,

I like you. I really do. I didn't really appreciate you before, and I think your current status as "State Department Correspondent" is akin to The Daily Show, but I really do hope you continue to do well.

But what the frak was up with your look yesterday? Maybe you were feeling a little 28 Weeks Later and overdid the makeup, the hair? I'll be honest, Ms. Verjee, that look frightened me. It worried me. It just wasn't fair to put you alongside Miss Gorani, who looked ready and able to do her anchoring bit. You're working at the top, Zain, and that look was just... It was all kinds of wrong. And as much as I can only imagine what it must be like for you to work in such a stressful environment, I know you can do better. I mean, when you were doing Your World Today every frigging day, you consistently looked professional and well put-together. Yes, the set and lights at the time were for crap, but you rose above it. So I know and trust that you can do it.

So, please. Please invest in a mirror for your reports from the state department.

And we look forward to seeing a better-looking, more polished you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I must say I didn't notice anything iffy with Zain's appearance yesterday I was just happy to see Hala and Zain engage with seeming mutual respect. No Becky Anderson iciness there.