Thursday, February 08, 2007

quotable Hala

As I no longer have the time to watch Your World Today as much as I want to (sleep does get in the way), it's always special for me to watch Hala. Even if it's with Jim.

And last night was special because Jim Clancy had a funny quip: After telling us all about the couple in Verona in a 5000-year embrace, Jim said:
"We don't even know if it's a male and a female..."
Jim! Are you developing a personality before me?

Not to be outdone, Hala had this to say about the same news item:
"If you can stand each other for that long they deserve to be celebrated."
Oh, Hala. I sense cynicism. The (cynical) force is strong with this one.


Then there are these two bits on "news" items:
1. On the bright light sighting in the US and the possibility it's a UFO, after a reporter states that until an alien lands in front of waiting cameras and does an interview with CNN, you will never know:
"I'd like to interview that person and call that person It."
- as I was not really paying attention, if anyone can correct this quote, please do. I love it to pieces.

2. And on the wallaby chase in the US (again):
"You mess with a kangaroo and put boxing gloves on him, you're kind of asking for it."

I loves me some Hala witticisms. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'd like to interview someone and call that person "it". It could be fun.