Thursday, January 19, 2006

waking up

Hala: so pretty.

So here's what happened: I was dead asleep in the middle of the night, a friend sends me an SMS message on my phone, then calls to make sure I read the message.
I'm tired, bitca, but okay. So I rouse myself from sleep, answer the call, and check the time.
Here's the sad part: upon realizing that I was awake in time for YWT, I immediately turn the TV on and tune in to CNN.

Lo and behold: Hala.

I can't remember much of it, I was going in and out of consciousness (yes, during my friend's phone call-- I am a horrible friend at 0300HKT), but I do remember passing judgment on her outfit (acceptable) and the last part, with Jim Bitterman's report on food being turned into musical instruments.
Hala's expression at the end of the report was priceless. I don't know what Jon Mann was saying, but Hala's expression was capped off by her statement:

"I don't think I'd like to eat something that someone has blown into."
- Hala (18jan2006)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As a fashion simpleton I would call Hala's jacket black and white plaid and I didn't like it either. Hala seems to be branching out more and more with colours/patterns but I prefer the more conservative Hala Basha Gorani.