Thursday, February 03, 2005

solo flight

Hala was hosting Your World Today, and as sleepy as I had been, it didn't take too long for me to realize that, hold on, they weren't switching cameras to Michael Holmes or Jim Clancy. I waited, until it dawned on me: Hala was flying solo on the program.
And doing a mighty fine job, I might add. Without the pressure of having to balance out a co-anchor, Hala did a really good job on reporting on her own.
Ahh, the days of Business International.
And the truth is, if I weren't so sleep-deprived, I would've stayed up to see if Hala would conduct the whole shift on her own. But I was (sleep-deprived), so I could only stay up for an hour, and at one point just had to concede I would just have to be content with that hour.
But, got to say, alone or with a co-anchor, Hala seems capable of handling any reporting duty.
This is why I do Business International, I'm all alone for it... - Hala, after a disastrous autocue between her and Richard (2003)

P.S. Saw the promo for Inside the Middle East. Hala in New York? Reminds me of her last trip to NY, back when she was still based in London. Todd Benjamin couldn't help but tease her about how many shoes she must've bought... It was funny.

No comments: