Friday, May 02, 2008

what is monita wearing?

I like Monita. I do. How can I not like a CNN anchor who knows her Star Wars? I like her relaxed disposition, the way she can segue from serious to lighthearted in the time it takes to switch camera angles.

But what is up with her outfit yesterday?

(picture courtesy of Houston on CNNFan.org)

Because when I first saw it, my instinct was: Voltes V?

Then it occurred to me that it's more akin to the costume of old of the beloved X-Man, Nightcrawler:

Oh, Monita. Everything was working: the natural look, the hair (although it shows signs of a possible bad hair day. Was it?) And, okay, in retrospect, it's not THAT bad. But the V shape, the puffed up non-sleeves... never again, OK? Deal?


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lol still beautiful though.

Beano said...

Monita wears some strange clothes now and then. Look at this for instance: http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/803/cnntoday060320088zz5.jpg

It looks sort of like the dress of a wizzard.