Tuesday, July 31, 2007

she's back

Hala returned to Your World Today last week in time for my birthday. Sometimes symmetry, in the realm of pseudo-reality, just makes kick-ass sense that way.

I can't give an accurate number regarding the length of time Hala was in Iraq, but you've got to admit, the woman looks good upon returning to Atlanta. And as I write this, Hala's on (with Jim) and they seem to be having a good time (how can they not, with a shift that includes a report on the lack of use of garlic in some places in Italy). Thank heavens, because Hala worship is a little difficult to do when she's in her Talking Head mode.

I just wish the snarky side of Miss Gorani would make a comeback, because she's tons funnier that way. But, alas, I (with I guess the rest of my fellow Hala-philes) would take whatever dose of Hala I can get.

Did you see her yesterday sharing a laugh with Jim about bottled water? ah, laughter. not the giggle-and-grin thing she usually does, but honest-to-goodness laughter. to something Jim said. It blows the mind because now I'm just being an ass.
It was nice to see her laugh. Can't accuse her of just being a talking head when she shows humanity.


So the question goes, will she even make an appearance in the upcoming episode of Inside the Middle East?

7 comments:

misty said...

Yayyy! CNN is bright and happy again now that Hala is back! :D Loved the black jacket today! And was it just me or was she GLOWING? I swear I saw a glow! :D
I dont think she'll be hosting inside the middle east coz in the promo we only hear a guy speaking about the upcoming show! ..that sucks! :(

misty said...

Is it just me or does her hair colour look slightly darker?

Beano said...

After spending more than a month in Iraq even Jim's jokes must seem funny.

michael said...

Did anyone see hala on YWT today? they just cont. cnn newsroom for me. God the bridge collapse was horrible.

Anonymous said...

when will you be back?

Anonymous said...

The Biased Arabist 'HALA GORANI'

---


http://arabracismislamofascism.wordpress.com/2007/11/02/cnns-arab-propagandist-hala-gorani-introduces-us-on-to-a-western-type-arab-singer-%e2%80%98caramel%e2%80%99-as-if-thats-a-normal-arab-today/

Beano said...

Previous poster: you are obviously very biased yourself. And also a spammer.